Tuesday, February 3, 2009

FO: Thuja Socks

Project: Thuja Socks by Bobby Ziegler
Start date: 12/15/08
End date: 2/2/09
Yarn: 2 balls KnitPicks Swish Superwash; Jade
Needles: size 5 dpn's
Mods: I used different yarn than recommended and dropped the needle size down one. I wanted a little tighter gauge since I was knitting these for lady feet. No other modifications.
Project Thoughts: I really like this pattern because it was very easy to memorize and take on the go. This is my 3rd pair of this pattern to knit; the first one I was able to do while waiting in line to vote.

After having knit a handful of socks now, I think that the DK or worsted weight socks are my favorite. I don't mind the challenge of a size 0 - 3 dpn needle and resulting fingering or sock weight yarn, but it sure does do a number on my fingers.

In other news... I have decided, like many of my fellow knitsters, to bust out my UFO's and finally just get them done. I'll have to search my many hiding spots to find all of these unfinished projects and then I'll create a list here. I know I have a 1/2 finished Clapotis in my stash that's been in a holding pattern for over 2 years. Seems a sin to keep that gorgeous Lion and Lamb waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment