Sunday, February 1, 2009

FO: Tea Cozy

Pattern: Two for Tea by Amy Barker (Stitch n' Bitch Nation)
Started: 1/29/09
Completed: 2/1/09
Yarn: 1 skein KnitPicks Swish Worsted - Bok Choy, Remants of Cascade 220 (color unknown)
Needle size US 6 and US G/6 crochet hook
Mods: Aside from the different yarn selection, I chose not to add any of the intarsia patterns as written in the original designs. I used a regular mattress stitch to join the front and back and did a single crochet edging along both handle and spout openings. I attached a bow made of crochet chain above the handle opening.
Pattern thoughts: Ridiculously easy project and very straighforward pattern. I made this for mom's birthday this coming week and I think she'll enjoy it. I prefer coffee to tea usually, but I feel inspired to have a cup of Earl Grey upon completion of this project.

I guess this means I can no longer procrastinate on the socks I've had on the needles for 2 months. I have only one toe left to complete for the pair. After making 3 pairs in a row at the holidays, I had lost my enthusiasm for toothpick-thin needles and dental floss-like yarn. So say we all...

No comments:

Post a Comment