Monday, February 9, 2009

WIP: Husbeast Socks and Clapotis

In lieu of my previous posts, I have decided to simultaneously work on two projects: Husbeast socks and Clapotis. I cast on for the Husbeast socks on Saturday night and have 5 1/2 in of the leg complete on the first sock. My father-in-law will be the recipient of these socks, which were supposed to be part of his Christmas present. Unfortunately, I ran out of time and now I am trying to get them done before his birthday. We'll see how that goes. I'll post a picture of my progress later today.

The Clapotis and I are in a fight. She is not participating in my "I haven't picked this up for over two years and should be able to jump right back into the project" plan. In fact, I realized after starting the decrease section that I was still supposed to be working the straight rows, but somehow ended up with too many stitches; hence the reason I started on decreases. Ugh. Now I fear I may have to rip out several inches of work on something that already has intentional dropped stitches. If I follow the rules laid out by the Domiknitrix, then I must frog to my mistake (assuming I can find the blasted point of origin) and somehow figure out how to reincorporate the dropped stitches. This has become a conundrum of epic proportion.

That is all for now. I'll post pictures later.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your musing on knitting inspires me, to what yet I do not know, but it inspires.

    ReplyDelete