Friday, May 22, 2009

FO: Kennedy's Cabled Rainbow



Project:
Woollen Cable Sweater - Natural Knits for Babies and Toddlers

Start date: 3/30/09
End date: 5/15/09
Yarn: 5 Balls SWTC Karaoke; Colorway Playful (Soy Silk / Wool Blend)
Needles: size 7

I absolutely loved this project. The yarn is single ply, so it splits fairly easily. I followed the pattern as is with no modification. The pattern called for 4 balls of yarn for the sweater and one ball for the coordinating hat. I had to use all 5 for the sweater with just enough left to taunt my cats. Kennedy looks adorable in it and wore it when we went camping last weekend. Due to the wool blend, she stayed toasty warm when it got fairly chilly at night. Plus, I made it just a little on the big side for her so it would fit this fall.

I've already moved on to my next projects; more socks (for me) and more baby knitting on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment